Hey! I'm Emily! =]

Friday, August 14, 2009

A little bit of Lately.

So I guess I should update this! I got the job at Olive Garden! I start training Monday, and work everyday until Friday! I'm so excited. =] I can't wait! I've been through orientation, and that went really well. I like all the people I work with who I have met so far. They seem really nice!

So, this week, I learned that people change. And not always for the better. But there's really no way you can change it! Even if you hurts you, you can't change it. People are independent. You are responsible for yourself, and no one else. Even if you wish people would take your advice, it doesn't always happen. This is why you just have to go with the flow. I think I have decided to no longer have expectations. Because when you have expectations of people, you get disappointed when you realize those expectations were too high. People disappoint you. It happens. It's a part of life. I now realize that. It's sad to have to realize something like this. Sometimes people have so much potential, and they just don't know it. I am glad I have had this epiphany though. It is going to save me so much trouble throughout the rest of my life. Most likely, some hurt too. Am I being too cynical? If I am, I almost don't care. I would rather be this way and avoid hurt, than the other option.

=]

On a lighter note, today is my mom's b-day party! I'm excited, to say the least! I haven't seen much of the family since I've been back from Utah, so this should be fun! My mom is 54. It's caraaaaazy! She still looks 29. =] Love you Ma!

1 comment:

  1. It is hard when people change and not for the best! I HATE that, I have had that happen recently and it is never fun experience. I think it is good to not have expectations, but on the flip side it is human nature to have them so it is hard not to sometimes, but I try to not! Especially when it came to dating.

    ReplyDelete